Morning,
Don’t be surprised – I am not initiating a change for writing my blog at this wee hour, early morning! This is our muslim’s fasting month whereby we would fast, that’s without food & drink (not even a sip) from dusk to dawn. That means we would have a very late supper just before dusk & would break the fast at dawn.
In a way, I am good for this change, at least for a month – been fasting for 5 days already, 24 days to go. Just for your curiosity, we fast to renew our continuous faith in our religion. To give our body/system a rest, overhaul I guess. What’s important is to realize & experience how would other least fortunate people feel without having proper abundance food. For sure, you would appreciate this minor sacrifice.
Fasting is also not just refraining from eating or drinking, but also to do a lot more good deeds, either by action or even through your thoughts. I am no preacher here, but in lay terms, you ought not to swear, scold people, have bad thoughts etc etc etc……
Truthfully, we (yes, that’s me too) feel more calm, passionate etc during this good fasting month.
Change wise:-
Though I still sleep a lot, but I would wake up for the late supper & guess what, I would stay awake till morning – writing this blog. For the couple of mornings, been doing my never-ending work anyway. Then, straight to work.
I have been reducing my smoking! Instead of buying 20 sticks, which would normally last for 2 days – I get to buy a 14-stick box lasting for 5 days!
What I ought to improve on (been promising to do every year) is to regularly visit my local prayer-place (called surau, mosque is the bigger one, surau is more localized) for routine fasting-month optional prayers after breaking fast. This year, out of the 5 days, only been once – that’s because all of us were back @ my home town over the last weekend….. (that’s why I missed writing this blog last weekend!) & been “forced” by my parents to go to the mosque back home.
Well, my argument is that, this is an optional thing – but this is no excuse, I should be doing that!
Talking about going back home town – we drove (my family with my parents) simply because had to send back my parent’s car. Returning back – we took Air Asia flight, Airbus A320 if I’m not mistaken – same range as MAS Boeing 737.. very refreshing though as the plane is new (compared to MAS). Nice, comfy black leather seat. What’s more important is the sound of its engine, during take-off, landing – pretty smooth. Same thing like you are riding in a brand new car vs. pretty 14-year old car something like that.
But, a BIG BUT – things still don’t change! The last time I took Air Asia flight was probably back in 2003/2004 from KL to Kuching (capital state of Sarawak, on the island of Borneo – is that a big island?) to attend my cousin’s wedding….. because it is a low-cost-carrier (LCC), passengers are like pushing & shuffling, wanting to get first onto the plane! No respect for the elders, those with kids etc! Ok ok ok that they introduced this Priority Passenger line (where you have to pay!) but guess what? There are only 3 passengers on that list! The rest (100+) are on a very disoriented queue line! I had to shout to discourage passenger from pushing & keeping to the queue line!
The system is there – but from 2003 till now, the staff never learnt. They have to take control of the system. If you expect those passengers (I have to say this – what more can you expect for those LCC passengers, excited about flying?) to toe the line, no way! Just like our drivers on the road!
Notwithstanding, let me give some compliments to them, the LCC. Nice, upgraded LCC terminal in KLIA though. With covered walkways, once you alighted from the plane itself. The terminal is being upgraded. A lot of people/passengers though! That must a good sign, hopefully. With oil prices currently at around $115 a barrel – that should be manageable I guess compared with $150…. Well, don’t start comparing with $50! I wonder what’s their max bearable level?
Almost 6.30am already. Very sleepy, I have to admit. Well, it’s a Saturday, no work – but have to send my daughter for her replacement class… by 7.15am I guess??? Gotta go to the market – fish, meat, poultry etc in the hypermarket nowadays are @#$%$^&*!!!!! Vegetables are worst! Are they reaping me off or what?! Now I have to bring my wife to the market very early, on a Saturday morning (which I could have spent sleeping my morning off!)…..
Change for the better or what?
“Selamat Berpuasa”….. (happy fasting to all!)
p/s due to un-stableness of my Maxis 3G line, instead of writing this straight onto the blog – I had been composing in Words & to cut & paste this onto my blog.
cheers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment